Monday, July 23, 2007

All Was Well

(might contain what some consider as spoilers on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
I got my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows from a nearby Tesco around 7.00 am. Since there was news that our hypermarkets will run out of the special priced books around noon, I thought it is better to grab it early.
Initially, I planned to purchase the book from Kinokuniya as they were offering a 30% discount for readers with The Star cut out coupon. However, the special price by our hypermarkets is really too tempting to resist.
Anyway, I finished the book early Monday morning with quite a number of breaks in between for shopping malls, food, drinks, Germany F1, etc. The summary of the story is per expected, Harry survives and lived happily ever after :)
One thing I really miss from this final book is Hogwarts. There is very little mention of Hogwarts. The main reason I really like the story is not because of Harry but because of Hogwarts, the stories of young witches and wizards growing up in a magical boarding school.
For those who had not read it, go get a copy. However, if you try to read only the last book, you might be very disappointed as the stories picks up from the previous books and you will not be able to comprehend a lot of it. So, to thoroughly enjoy it, start reading from book one.
I am sleep deprived and is in a zombie like state now. I think I am no longer young enough to finish 600 pages in two days.

2 comments:

  1. So u were one of those people who were crazy enuff to wake up early and queued for this book...!!! God bless you...hehehhe...i never ever read a single book on harry potter...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not crazy. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the end of the amazing story of Harry Potter and his magical experience. It is worth it to wake up early. Better than wake up early to go to work lar :P

    Anyway, I never queue. Tesco was practically empty when I walked in to buy the book.

    ReplyDelete