Thursday, July 26, 2007

Show current Windows Media Player music status in Google Talk

My Google Talk is not showing the current music I am playing in Windows Media Player even though I had enabled the show current music status. After consulting Google Talk Help, I found the following tips. So, the following is for the convenience of those who faced the same problem as me.

Windows Media Player is designed to disable all plug-ins (including the Google Talk music status plug-in) whenever Windows Media Player or your Windows desktop crashes. To re-enable the Google Talk plug-in:

  1. Open Windows Media Player.
  2. From the View menu, select Plug-ins > Options...
  3. From the Category section of the Plug-ins tab, select Background.
  4. Select the Google Talk Music Plugin checkbox.
  5. Click OK.

You'll need to close and restart Windows Media Player for your change to take effect.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot. I have having the same problem and this solved it immediately, but I did not have to restart either program. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've followed these instructions as well, but the google plug-in isn't showing up under the windows media menuu for me. I'm going to try on my home PC and see if I can get it to work there.

    ReplyDelete